Faculty of Agricultural Technology
Design | Educational Building
Client: Al-Balqa Applied University
Location: Al-Balqa - Amman
Land Area: 25,000 m2
Project Area: 7,000 m2
Al-Balqa` Applied University is a government-supported university located in Salt, Jordan. BAU has a land area of 10,000 acres spread in Northern, Central and Southern of Jordan.
BAU has 18 branches divided into 6 faculties at the main campus in Al-Salt, and 12 faculties around the kingdom. BAU has a faculty in every Jordanian governorate (Except for Mafraq).
This assignment included the design of the Faculty of Agriculture for BAU with total area of 25 acres. Requirements for this project included the following:
1. Academic requirements including Lecturing Rooms and Laboratories with adequate areas and various uses.
2. Administrative Requirements including Dean’s office, Vice dean’s office, assistants offices, Head of Departments offices, Faculty members and Administrators offices.
3. Cultural Requirements including a Library, Theater, Exhibition and museum.
4. General Requirements including Multi-purpose warehouses, computer and communications operating rooms.
5. Utilities Requirements including a Restaurant, a Cafeteria for students, a Cafeteria for faculty members, a Security Center, a Clinic and Civil Defense Center.